Throughout our 60-plus year HERiTAGE, all of us at iWC have continually focused on identifying and implementing iNNOVATIVE business practices to ensure that our products, as well as our dealings with customers, achieve the highest standards of iNTEGRITY and quality. iWC is a full-service, one-stop distribution solution that stands ready to serve the food service and cleaning needs of a broad array of customers, from governmental institutions to public and private dining, hospitality and health-care establishments. At iWC, our goal is to treat all those we work with — from customers to vendors to employees — as part of our FAMiLY, and our DEDiCATION to helping them thrive and succeed is the iNSPIRATION that has helped our company grow strong and stable.
IWC Food Service began operations in 1957 on a modest scale — one salesman, one deliveryman and one truck. And its distribution area stopped at Putnam County's borders. In 1958, Jimmy W. Mackie bought a half-interest in the company. The sales volume that year was about $100,000.
The next year, Mackie became the sole proprietor and operated the company by himself until 1968, when he and his brother LeRoy formed a corporation and moved operations to the company's previous complex at 25 South Whitney Avenue in Cookeville.
With wise, innovative management and careful attention to customer service, the company has grown from a small business to a large and complex corporation with approximately 200 employees, 50 vehicles, a 60-county distribution area and a data processing system that monitors multimillion dollar sales. The company has been a member of the Frosty Acres buying group since 1969.