Current Positions Available
- Custodial Worker - Temporary
IWC is looking for a candidate who does not mind cleaning and is looking for temporary work for a few weeks. The position will clean the warehouse from 7:00am to 3:30pm. Candidates who perform at an exceptional level, during the time frame designated may qualify to apply for other job openings that may be available. The temporary assignment must be completed first.
JOB POSITION SUMMARY - CONTROLLER
The Controller is responsible for ensuring compliance, completeness, and timeliness in connection with administering IWC’s financial accounting and business tax reporting functions. The Controller directly oversees the application of sound accounting principles and practices to IWC’s various operational activities and maintains the recording of financial transactions and balances in a customary automated general ledger, supplemental software ledger (e.g., fixed assets), and various supporting spreadsheets. The Controller oversees and directs the activities of departmental co-workers assigned to specific accounting functions, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Customer Credit, and Vendor Billbacks.
The Controller analyzes, documents, and provides key financial information to assist with operational reviews and decision-making processes of the President, Treasurer, and other Members of the Core Management Team. Financial reports and tax filings must adhere to applicable accounting standards and be prepared in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Controller will routinely collaborate with and be supported by the Treasurer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all daily and routine periodic operating procedures of the Accounting Department, including procedures performed by co-workers assigned responsibility for specific accounting functions, such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, customer credit and vendor billbacks.
- Oversee the system of internal control to ensure compliance with the Company’s prescribed accounting policies and procedures for all financial transactions.
- Ensure appropriate subsidiary records are maintained to support general ledger control accounts and to promote timely closing of the monthly accounting records.
- Maintain a calendar-based due date tracker system to ensure timely completion and adherence with timely filing of all financial accounting and business tax reporting requirements.
- Inspect and review key accounting controls and processes for compliance and recommend system revisions as necessary to protect and safeguard Company assets and confidential information.
- Serve as a key member of the Core Management Team, present financial data and analyses, and make recommendations for operational and profitability enhancement.
- Ensure that weekly payroll is processed accurately and timely.
- Manage bank account transfers and specific funding of payroll and insurance accounts.
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed on a timely basis.
- Maintain the general ledger and related accounting details.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system, both automated and non-automated.
- Maintain the fixed assets / depreciation records using Sage FAS Software.
- Process all federal, state, and local tax deposits and return filings in a timely manner (e.g., sales, payroll, withholding, personal property, real property, business tax, etc.).
- Process all monthly, quarterly, and annual transportation-related filings (e.g., IFTA, Form 2290, MC-150, Federal Motor Carrier, IRP).
- Ensure compliance with all State and Local municipalities in regards to periodic license renewals.
- Prepare and submit the various business reports required by Tennessee and other states.
- Reconcile payroll expense quarterly and annually to detail payroll ledgers and payroll tax return filings; assist with preparation and issuance of annual Form W-3 and Form W-2’s.
- Prepare and issue Form 1099’s and Form 1099-R’s, respectively, to applicable contract labor vendors and retirement plan participants.
- Process month, quarter, and year-end general ledger closings on a timely basis and prepare internal financial statements for review, approval, and distribution by the Treasurer.
- Assist with providing information to the Treasurer and Independent Auditors in connection with the annual financial audit of the Company’s retirement plan.
- Assist the President and Treasurer, as requested, with data accumulation, report generation, and financial analyses, in connection with special projects, preparation of budgets and forecasts, etc.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Possess a thorough understanding and detailed working knowledge of typical corporate accounting functions, customary accounting principles and procedures, and routine internal controls, including oversight of general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, customer credit, payroll, business taxes, etc.
- Detailed experience preparing and filing federal, state, and local tax deposits and returns.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to generate, summarize, and present financial information in a concise and competent manner.
- Personal adherence to the highest level of professional ethics and integrity.
- Commitment to the continual safeguarding of confidential, personal, and sensitive information of the Company and its employees, customers, and vendors.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the job duties, and maintenance of a skeptical perspective and awareness to identify transactions and/or information that indicates further inspection or analysis is required.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Excellent overall computer skills – both personal computer and Company mainframe.
- Ability to inspire confidence and respect from co-workers and demonstrate effective Leadership skills.
- Preferred Education and Experience – B.S. Accounting or Post-Graduate Degree with Accounting Concentration; Minimum of 8 to 10 years Corporate Accounting Experience; CPA License or Certified Management Accountant Certification preferred, but not required.
- Route Driver - Class B
Route drivers are responsible for delivering 100% touch loads of product to the customers on that days route. Average case weight is 50 lbs. and the average number of cases per route is 800. Most route drivers are out and back same day with routes leaving between 3 and 5 a.m. Holidays and weekends off. Route drivers must have a valid Class B CDL and a clean MVR. Must be physically able to perform unloading function on a consistent basis, have good customer service presentation and attitude. Full benefit package to include uniforms and bonus programs. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
- Receiving Clerk - Day Shift
The Receiving Clerk is responsible for scheduling all deliveries of all incoming product.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Oversee receiving and other warehouse processes and recommend personnel to the area needed.
- Responsible for the entire receiving scheduling process.
- Proper scheduling and communication with vendors and suppliers is critical to the business process.
- Make all appointments for backhauls.
- Coordinate appointments for incoming truck deliveries using the AS400 system.
- Locate trucks that have missed appointments by contacting the company or vendors.
- Check-in outside drivers, arranges for lumper service and collects money for lumper services.
- Must enter all products received daily into AS400.
- Must correct discrepancies in what was ordered and what was actually received.
- Call vendors or various warehouses to arrange backhauls.
- Efficiency of product count and information affects warehouse operations.
- Order supplies for warehouse employees and drivers.
- When necessary, do inventory clerk duties and check-in IWC drivers.
- Must be able to communicate with non-english speaking drivers.
- Ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Working your assigned schedule and coming to work on time is required.
- Must be able to communicate, get along with and work well with other employees.
- Must be able to read and comprehend all work instructions.
- Work is mainly performed in the Cookeville facility.
- Must be able to multitask and maintain an organized schedule for incoming product.
- Must operate multi-line phone system.
- Operate AS400 and some computer programs such as Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of product and how that is entered properly.
- Ability to take multiple calls and requests at one time.
- NIGHT SHIFT ORDER SELECTOR - Starting Pay $13.50.
The Order Selector position is a Sunday thru Thursday shift and employes work until all orders are complete. Overtime at times is required. This full time position includes a complete benefit package. Position requires consistent heavy lifting with an average of 50 lbs and a standard case rate pulled per hour. The qualified candidate will be pulling cases of product from either the freezer or dry area and placing them on pallets to be taken to the dock for loading. Accuracy and speed are mandatory to succeed.
- Part Time Cash and Carry Store Clerk
Grocery store clerk. 20-24 hours per week. High school graduate or GED required. Must have customer service experience. Cash register experience preferred. Job duties include operating cash register, stocking, daily cleaning, etc. University and college students - we will work with school schedules.
- District Sales Rep - Chattanooga, TN
Due to continuing growth, IWC has an immediate opening for an experienced salesperson to develop a sales territory in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The ideal candidate should have previous food service sales experience but we are open to candidates with proven sales experience in other industries. The qualified candidate must reside in or be willing to relocate to the Chattanooga area. The position begins with a weekly subsidy and progresses to 100% commission structure. Proven ability to partner with customers to support and grow their business. Knowledge of broad line food service products a plus. Qualified applicants will be expected to penetrate and expand this base. There is intensive training with experienced DSRs in the area as well as the District Sales Manager. IWC is a family-owned business. We are looking for sales people who want a change from the "corporate culture" of being only a "number" to being part of a family atmosphere of a team working towards a common goal.
IWC offers a competitive wage and benefit package and is an EOE.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Route Driver
Route drivers are responsible for delivering 100% touch loads of product to the customers on that days route. Average case weight is 50 lbs. and the average number of cases per route is 800. Most route drivers are out and back same day with routes leaving between 3 and 5 a.m. Holidays and weekends off. Route drivers must have a valid Class A CDL and a clean MVR. Must be physically able to perform unloading function on a consistent basis, have good customer service presentation and attitude. Pay is based on a daily per diem plus pieces, miles and stops. Full benefit package to include uniforms and bonus programs. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.