Current Positions Available
The Recruiter is responsible for recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, onboarding employees for all departments.
- Partner and consult with all levels of management to assure the alignment of direct staffing strategies with business needs.
- Source candidates using a variety of sourcing tools such as print advertising, internet sites, diversity outreach, school/college recruiting, networking, etc.
- Manage internal and external / web site job postings.
- Ensure all aspects of the recruiting and selection process are in compliance with all federal, state and local legislation and/or regulations.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Interview applicants for employment and current employees for interdepartmental transfer; evaluate personal data, educational accomplishments and occupational skills to determine applicant qualifications.
- Match applicant qualifications with job specifications; refer qualified applicants to hiring managers.
- Review job postings to ensure posting wording consistent with applicable government federal, state and local laws.
- Arrange on-boarding of new employees and meet with all new employees to advise pertinent information related to the new job.
- Coordinate New Employee Orientation process, including educating the new hire on IWC’s culture, vision and mission statement. Keeps the New Hire Orientation Power Point Presentation up-to-date.
- Coordinate all applicant activities such as interviews, pre-employment drug screening and other testing and new hire paperwork.
- Maintain applicant tracking and affirmative action information and applicant files, adding supportive and supplemental documentation when received (licenses, certifications, proof of degree, etc.)
- Manage interface between New Employee Orientation and Departmental Orientation. Ensure competencies are checked and each employee file / record has a completed Orientation Checklist.
- Develop appropriate recruitment plans, including the identification of a diverse pool of qualified candidates that enable the hiring manager to achieve Equal Employment Opportunity goals.
- Assure complete and accurate selection documentation is generated of the new hire process. All forms are completing and placed in the new hire’s file.
- Communicate with HR Manager and follow-up employment requisitions; clarify procedures and resolve problems with during applicant referral process when appropriate.
- Ensures all applicants move through the employment process. This includes scheduling and processing pre-employment drug screens and physicals; references, background and MVR documents.
- Conduct exit interviews to ensure accurate collection of reasons employees are leaving IWC.
- Hiring dependable employees impact company productivity and turnover rate.
- Keep Human Resources Manager informed on employee and/or company issues that may impact employee morale.
- Monitor hourly employee attendance through Raw Time Report and communicate employees with excessive tardiness and absences.
- Enter wage and department changes, when needed.
- Help employees with questions or any issues daily.
- Performs a variety of computer and clerical functions to include composing correspondence, entering employment data on new hires, accessing different computer reports, etc.
- Answer telephone and respond to questions or refer calls as appropriate; take accurate and complete messages as necessary.
- Administering accurate information to employees and/or managers eliminates problems and possibly costly situations including lawsuits.
- Help and attend employee activities: Picnic, Easter egg hunt, Christmas party, etc.
- Develop and distribute IWC newsletter at the first of each month.
- Working your assigned schedule and coming to work on time is required.
- Must be able to communicate, get along with and work well with other employees.
- Must be able to read and comprehend all work instructions.
- Work is mainly performed in the Cookeville facility.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Must stay up to date on government guidelines involving hiring practices, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, DOT, etc.
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact positively with Administration, Directors, Managers, Supervisors, peers, co-workers, subordinates, patients and visitors.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities independently, as appropriate.
- Takes initiative in problem solving and is able to make sound decisions.
- Exhibits a high level of organizational effectiveness and has the ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Must be able to use discretion, good judgment and common sense in decision-making situations.
- Demonstrated ability to take verbal direction and translate into effective, accurate written communication.
- Able to multi-task and stay organized.
- Good mediator skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Have ability to transition into the Human Resources Coordinator position.
- ORDER SELECTOR - Starting Pay $13.50.
The Order Selector position is a Sunday thru Thursday shift and employes work until all orders are complete. Overtime at times is required. This full time position includes a complete benefit package. Position requires consistent heavy lifting with an average of 50 lbs and a standard case rate pulled per hour. The qualified candidate will be pulling cases of product from either the freezer or dry area and placing them on pallets to be taken to the dock for loading. Accuracy and speed are mandatory to succeed.
- Route Driver
Route drivers are responsible for delivering 100% touch loads of product to the customers on that days route. Average case weight is 50 lbs. and the average number of cases per route is 800. Most route drivers are out and back same day with routes leaving between 3 and 5 a.m. Holidays and weekends off. Route drivers must have a valid Class A CDL and a clean MVR. Must be physically able to perform unloading function on a consistent basis, have good customer service presentation and attitude. Pay is based on a daily per diem plus pieces, miles and stops. Full benefit package to include uniforms and bonus programs. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.