Primary Job Function:
Deliver iWC product to customers daily within a 150-mile radius. Must also unload product for customer and deposit in place of business. Must safely operate tractor-trailer up to 53 foot, manual transmission, following DOT/state/federal guidelines.
Daily Job Activities:
“Pre-trip” vehicle. Inspect all checkpoints on vehicle before leaving iWC parking lot. Acquire route paperwork and special instructions. Average miles driven per day vary per route, but some days are over 300 miles. Manually unload all products per invoice according to customer instructions using two-wheeler. Average daily pieces handled are 650. Process any changes or document any credits on invoices. Report any problems to supervisor or customer service. Collect C.O.D. if necessary and customer signature on invoice. Pick up any authorized product returns. Pick up backhauls when instructed and verify for correct product and quantity. Fuel tractor and refrigeration unit after each day’s route. "Post-trip" vehicle (clean any trash, report any mechanical problems on DVIR, etc.). Driver check-in (finish paperwork, document returns, and turn in invoices and money collected.) and finish trip in XATA and time clock upon departure.
Other SKAs needed:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Current, valid commercial driver’s license class A.
- Pass scheduled DOT physical and random drug screening.
- Must know proper accident procedures when situation arises.
- Must know and comply with all traffic laws and proper handling of vehicle.
- Attend bimonthly driver meetings.
- Good basic English, math, and communication skills.
- Must possess superior customer service skills. Ability to work well with the public and specifically IWC customers.
- Driver must be in proper uniform.
- Ability to lift on average 40 lbs (max of 90 lbs lifted occasionally) throughout entire shift.
- Walk, lift, stoop, climb during entire shift while making deliveries.
- No driving (moving) violations in past three years. Credit check required.
- Good eye-hand coordination required.
- Must have good judgment of position of vehicle and clearance of objects at all times.
Please answer all questions. If a question does not apply to you, answer with "No" or "NA" for "Not Applicable."
*Denotes required field.